top of page

Sunday 21st November 2021

Updated: Nov 25, 2021

Wolverhampton U11 Girls 0-11 Liverpool U11 Girls

Louise Lewis ,Scarlett Thompson, Hanna Blicharski, Zara Patel, Wiktoria Jaremek, Keira Homfray, Gurkeerat Nijjar, Lydia Smith, Ola Marszal, Te’a Griffiths, Gabrielle Ilugbo

The U12 Girls team travelled to Liverpool, a real hotbed for Girls' football, and found themselves up against it from the kick off against an experienced outfit who were the National Primary Champions last season. We entered The Champions Cup this year knowing that it would be difficult to compete at this level but the girls rose to the challenge, and despite the score, they will certainly have gained from the experience. Liverpool topped this pre- Christmas mini league with three victories out of three and a record of 25 goals scored and none conceded so losing to them was certainly no disgrace. We are proud with the way the entire squad conducted themselves throughout and they continued battling to the final whistle. Well done, Girls!

Wolverhampton U14 Girls 1-1 Liverpool U14 Girls

Katie, Kyra, Kelsie, Dami, Lexi-Mai, Molly, Frankie, Amber, Ella, Olivia, Chloe, Taylah, Crystal

After a difficult first game for the girls against a very strong Sefton team at half-term, an away trip to play Liverpool always looked like a real challenge. And whilst Liverpool were very strong opposition, Wolverhampton more than matched them and were probably unlucky not to get a win.

The game started at a frantic pace with early pressure from Wolverhampton and opportunities for breakaway goals from both sides. Liverpool were typically strong and well-organised, but Wolverhampton played with a real desire and looked to pass the ball from the back, through midfield and use the space on the wings that opened up as Liverpool looked to push forward.

Chances were created at both ends but both goalkeepers looked confident, ably supported by the solid defensive lines in front of them. As the game approached half-time the game became stretched as both sides believed they could take the lead. However, after sustained pressure in both penalty boxes, the score at half-time remained 0-0.

A bright start to the second half by Wolverhampton and after 2 minutes the ball fell to Dami who was able to create some space and shoot, beating the keeper on her right side, to open the scoring, 1-0 to Wolverhampton.

The early goal to Wolverhampton resulted in Liverpool attacking strongly and breaking into the Wolverhampton penalty area. After a scramble in the box which resulted in the ball striking a Wolverhampton arm, a penalty was awarded to Liverpool who calmly took the penalty kick to even up the score, 1-1 after 8 minutes.

The next 25 minutes saw some of the very best that school's football has to offer, committed challenges, shots on target, heroic defending and real quality on the ball from both sides when in possession, it was clear that this game could go either way. As both teams made changes to rest tired players, who had given their all for their teams, the ball broke to a Liverpool striker with just seconds to go. A rocket of a shot, from outside the penalty area which rattled the Wolverhampton cross-bar and fell to the feet of the defender who was able to clear the ball. The referee blew the final whistle with honours even, a great advert for school's football and a very well deserved draw.

39 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page